This Spring we are moving our Education Centre online! To keep up with the life cycle of salmonids, operations at Seymour River Hatchery never stop, even under COVID-19 restrictions. Since our “Gently Down the Seymour” (GDS) field trips program is on hold, we want to keep students plugged-in and now offer:
“Zoom in on the Seymour”
Our one-hour virtual program will keep you and your students exploring the life of salmonids and their connections to the Seymour River watershed.
We will meet online via Zoom. The program itinerary looks like this.
- 10 minutes of initial tech set-up and introductions
- 30-40 minutes interactive presentation (images, videos, discussions and games to promote inquiry-based learning)
- 10 minutes Q & A and reflection, final thoughts and suggested follow-up activities
Choose one of the following fun programs:
- Salmonids of the Seymour River
Your students will learn about the life cycle of salmonids and the role of Seymour Hatchery. Themes include salmon life stages, anatomy, predator-prey relations, journey challenges, salmon-human interactions, species.
- Healthy Streams, Healthy Salmon
Students will be introduced to Aquatic Ecology and learn about ecosystems interactions and stream health indicators. Themes include habitat requirements, food chain interactions and aquatic macroinvertebrates.
Seymour’s on line season is March 30 – June 3, 2021
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Two Zoom Sessions (1 hour long) per day at 9:15 AM and 1:15 PM
- Grades 2 – 6
- Price: Non-refundable $25 commitment fee per class plus GST ($1.25) a total of $26.25 by cheque or credit card (via PayPal)
- You need access to Zoom with a camera (desktop, laptop, Chromebook or tablet)
- If it is in a classroom, a projecting system and screen
- A decent WIFI connection is necessary
Booking is first come, first served. Check back if your preferred time isn’t open.
Payment of $26.25 (cheque or credit card) is required by March 12th to complete your booking.
Confirmation email will be sent with your date and payment information. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts to ensure you receive this.
Questions? Please send us an email email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you online!