“Zoom in on the Seymour” is our virtual program to keep you and your students exploring the life of salmonids and current operations at Seymour River Hatchery.
The Spring online season starts on March 29th and run until May 26th. Registration opens February 23rd. Please click on the Registration tab to check the online booking calendar.
We will meet online via Zoom. The program itinerary looks like this:
- 5 minutes of initial tech set-up and introduction
- 45 minutes interactive presentation (images, videos, discussions, and games to promote inquiry-based learning)
- 10 minutes Q & A and reflection, final thoughts and suggested follow-up activities
You have two program options to choose from considering your Grade’s Curriculum Connections*:
- Salmonids of the Seymour River
Your students will review about the life cycle of salmonids and learn the role of the Seymour Hatchery. Themes include life stages, salmonid enhancement, journey challenges, “a day at the Seymour Salmon Hatchery” with emphasis on seasonal operations.
- Healthy Streams, Healthy Salmon
Students will be introduced to Aquatic Ecology, learn about ecosystems interactions and stream health indicators. Themes include habitat requirements, food chain interactions and aquatic macroinvertebrates.
The next online season starts on March 29th! Check our online booking calendar
- Days: Tuesday – Thursday
- Choose a session time: 9:15 AM or 1:15 PM
- Grades 2 – 6
- You need access to Zoom with a camera (desktop, laptop, Chromebook or tablet)
- A projecting system: audio and screen
- A decent WIFI connection is necessary
- Booking is first come, first served. Check back if your preferred time isn’t open.
- Payment is required to complete your booking. Non-refundable $25 commitment fee per class plus GST ($1.25) a total of $26.25 by credit card (via PayPal)
- Confirmation email will be sent with your date and payment information. Please add [email protected] to your email contacts to ensure you receive this.
We look forward to seeing you online!
Questions? Please send us an email -> [email protected]